Monitor your Home and know when you have no electricity or internet connection!
This widget can monitor any Modem/Router connected to internet. For example if you have internet at home you will be notified when that internet connection is lost. In that case:
- You have no electricity.
- Your internet provider cut your internet connection.
In any case you will be notified by the widget to save time and money.
You don’t need any computer connected to the internet for the connection be established (only if you use NO-IP), so you don’t spend energy.
How to setup
Don’ install or move Angry Bolt Widget to SD-card, it’s Android limitation.
- Add any Angry Bolt Widget to your Home Screen and a configuration screen open.
- Connect via wireless to the network that you want to monitor and click on “1: Get my Ip Address”. (In case you don’t have wireless you can access to www.whatismyip.com with your computer, get your Ip address and type it.)
- Click on “2: Test connection” and the application connect to the IP you want to monitor. Test with wireless and with 2G/3G/4G data connection. In case of both successful you can monitor this IP address anywhere in the world. (In case of unsuccessful connection see troubleshooting section, you have a solution )
- Type the label of the widget. (optional)
- Set the interval of time that the application will monitor the network. (default: 120 minutes)
- 4 widgets (1×1, 1×2, 2×2, 2×3);
- HD widgets for your high resolution phone or tablet;
- No ads;
- Faster and more functionality;
- 2 widgets(1×1, 1×2);
- Works with same reliability as the paid version;
- Simple to use;
- It’s completely free =)
In case you were unsuccessful you need to configure your modem/router. Connect to it with your computer with a cable or via wireless. Open your browser and access to http://192.168.0.1/ (usually is this address, but can be other. You just need to connect to the configurations page of your modem/router). Next you have to configure your modem/router to respond to Ping (ICMP packet) or Port Forwarding.
- Port Forwarding
- This program will not be responsible for anything. It just give you a useful hint that something can be wrong. If the information that this widget provide is vital, you must invest much more money in other systems.
- Some rare internet providers change your IP frequently. In that case it will be difficult to monitor, but if you use something like www.no-ip.com this widget also monitor any address or domain name.